Pranayama Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh
Pranayama is comprised of two words Prana and Ayama. Prana word means vital energy and Ayama word means control. Pranayama should not considered as mere breathing exercises ained at introducing extra oxygen into lungs. Pranayama utilizes breathing to influence the flow of prana in the nadis of the pranaamaya kosha. Ayama is defined as extension or expansion.
The 7 days Breath and Pranayama Retreat at Rishikesh Yogi Ashram in Rishikesh, India centre is held over a duration of 7 days and 6 nights. While this retreat explores the practices of pranayama as the highlight of the program, the curriculum also integrates yoga asana, relaxation and meditation practices on a daily basis to bring balance into students’ practice. For asana practices, our school focus on Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga styles of asana.
In this Pranayama couse you will have an experience and knowledge of:
- Four aspects of pranyama.
- The pranic body.
- Five sheaths of body.
- Prana and lifestyle.
- Breath,health and pranayama
- Pranayama and the spiritual aspirant.
- General notes for practitioner like contra-indications, time of practice, bathing, clothes,diet, sequence etc.
- Different types of ( kumbhaka) pranayama according to hatha yoga pardipika, gherand samhita.
- Different types of bandha’s (locks), how the bandha’s useful in pranayama practice.
- Different asana’s which we can use for pranayama practice.
- Different mudras which we can use while performing pranayama.
- Understand nadis (astral tubes), to activate the nadi’s, importance of 1:1, 1:2 and 1:4 ration on breathe to purify the emotions.
- Science of Ida Pingala, Sushumana nadi’s.
- Panch tattva of physical body, pancha tattva of sukshma sharira.
- Connection of pranayama with chakras.
- Awareness of breathe while performing asanas.
- Anatomy and physiology of respiratory system and how other body system works in our body systems.
- Effects of pranayama on body, mind and spirit.